Monday, October 5, 2009

After the weekend

This was quite the weekend for myself, it's really been a while since I have "partied." Northern Illinois University had its homecoming game Saturday afternoon. I never made it to the ACTUAL game as the tailgating was more than enough for my friend Thalia, resulting in her getting sick and having to be taken back to our friends apartment. She ended up resting from about 6PM till 2AM. I also fell asleep for a few hours because my other friend Vanessa had decided to check her Facebook allowing me to get bored and pass out on the floor.
I woke a few hours later, around 9pm, confused as to where I was and where Vanessa was. I checked my phone and saw I had 2 new voicemails. I listened to them, recieving the directions to her current location. I got up and headed out to the destination, reaching it in about 10 minutes. The entire walk I was giving myself some kind of 'self-pity pep-talk.' Thank god no one was around to listen to it. It was rather pathetic.
Finally reaching my destination and finding Vanessa, we stayed a few minutes at the frat house leaving shortly after my arrival to go to another house party. The latter was far better then the original destination. Plenty of people, music, dancing, drinking and laughing. I also learned that some people really should not drink, and if they decide to, be limited to what they consume. I was honestly slightly scared for my life when this one moron came around, waving a Sprite can and an EXTREMELY large bottom of Vodka around. He was around for a while, coming and going from that house and the house next door.
At one point, while outside, I said hi to these two girls sitting on the curb smoking in front of one of the houses. I had noticed them when they first arrived to the party but did not pay much attention to them until they were outside smoking and had acknowledged me, which surprised me. After returning the greeting they complimented my hat and how they really liked it. That really made my night and put a smile on my face, the first genuine one in a while. So that initiated some conversation between us, which was nice considering I hadnt ever really done that with anyone in a long time, if ever. Long story short though, I only got 1 of the girls names, and only her first name at that; Jessica. But thats all the information I got which was unfortunate because it would have been nice to have had some new friends to talk to or even see if something else could come up in the future. Regardless, it was a nice self-esteem boost.
But that was all that really happened. Let's hope I maybe have some more self-esteem boosting events happening. I need it more than people realize right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment