Monday, October 18, 2010

That One "L" Word

I'm not exactly sure what spawned the thought/question in my mind today, but I couldn't help but wonder about the word and idea of love.
Maybe it's been the movies, anime, and music I've been listening to lately...but I just wonder what it means to people.  It seems like its meaning has diminished to almost nothing, being used so commonly for any every day use.  And I won't lie, I'm guilty of doing it myself...
But I'm planning on changing that up, being careful with my use of such word.

What does this word mean though?
A quick look on dictionary.com gives a LOT of meanings.
Which do you take it as?

Do you love your friends? Do you love your family? Do you love your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife?
When you say you love, whoever it may be, does that meaning of love change at all?
My understanding of 'love,' and this only pertains to myself, is to have deep feelings/emotions for some thing/person, enough to a point that you'd put yourself on the line for it.

Gah, I've drawn a blank...
Everything I wanted to write earlier has just not stayed in my mind.
Slightly upsetting.
Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment