Thursday, October 21, 2010

What is this(these) strange obstacle(s) I've come to?

A little bit of confusion in my life right now as far as what I want to do....

I enjoy photography, I really do. I love being able to go outside and look at the things around me and capture the beauty of the moment. Or going to a concert/show and taking pictures(when I'm able to) of the band, rocking out and enjoying the music, hopefully capturing that one intense moment that many could miss.  I've even had experience with wedding photography, though I do feel it can be very intense because you have to keep in mind that the pictures you take are the memories people will have for(possibly) the rest of their lives.
But my  biggest problem with photography is that I don't feel like I'm at a point where I could make a living off of it, and even if I did feel I was at that point, I do not have a 'starting point'. I don't know where to go or how to get anything started for that matter.

Now, I also really enjoy music and something I've always wanted to do was to learn to play guitar or drums and participate in a band. I've been told I have a voice for singing but I don't know how I'd fare doing lyrics or coming up with songs. I would just really like to be able to write and play/sing a song that people would know and love.  After seeing so many performances and even being friends with people in bands, I do get slightly jealous that that isn't a life I can seem to experience.  Seems like the closest I will get is playing Rock Band with my friends and playing to a virtual audience...hm.

I'm just tired of living the same '9 to 5' life: wake up, go to work, do the job I can't seem to do, go home, and then do nothing...play video games, talk to people online, or maybe upload some picture(which I need to do more often AND TONIGHT!).  So I've tried to take the initiative and get my ass out into the world and do things! And that started Tuesday night...

I was aimlessly looking at things on facebook about a week ago and came across a 'suggestion' for an event and decided to click on it and see what it was about. 5 bands were going to be playing at The Lodge in Lisle on Tuesday. 12 dollar cover charge...not bad. So I told myself 'You're going...whether its alone or with other people, YOU. ARE. GOING.'  And so I did...all by myself.

And I'm extremely glad I did because that was music WELL WORTH 12 dollar cover. Reflective Me, The Ross Originals, Adora, The Graduate, and Automatic Loveletter. The first two bands were alright but did not get my attention like the last three. And all I can say about their songs/performances is WOW. I had never heard of any of these bands, but big bravo to them all.  I took a bunch of pictures of the bands(except Reflective Me because I was still getting out of my nervous shell) and I have to upload them to my other blog (VagrantEye Photography) so I can hopefully get that blog up and running too. So much to do. BLEH! And yes, the reference to my other blog is in hopes that you will follow it as well. It may not be much right now, but I PROMISE I will work on it and get my photography up there.
Anyway, I think this is all I have to say for now...
I just need to figure things out cause, honestly, I'm getting tired of this 9-to-5....
or maybe it's just the place I work...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment